Sometimes, the most memorable photo of all is a selfie, packed with the people you love the most. The authentic essence and raw emotion in a selfie can describe it all, and help you feel closer to your children or baby than ever before. That’s why we want to help you take the perfect selfie with your bundles of joy today.
Taking selfies with kids isn’t the same thing as taking it with your girlfriends. There are some things to keep in mind, which is why we’re going to cover everything you need to know below.
- Shoot from Above Still: Shooting from below your face is never going to be flattering. Man times, we put the phone down low to account for our kids’ heights, when in reality, we’ll never post the photo because we hate how we look. Don’t give into this temptation! Make sure the phone is above everyone, even if it’s ever-so-slightly, so you’re proud of the finished result.
- Snuggle, Snuggle, Snuggle: No one wants to see an awkward selfie with distance between you and your kids. You’re the mom, for goodness sake! Snuggle in super close with all of your kids and take photos that are packed with happiness, love, and pure bonding. There is no bond in the world like that of a mother and her children.
- Get Nice and Close, Leave the Arm Out: Selfies that are 50% your arm holding the camera can leave something to be desired, especially if you’re posing with your kids. Don’t be afraid to hold the camera up close and have everyone cuddle and snuggle in for the shot. It’ll look more genuine and your arm will be out of the frame.
- Don’t Forget About Lighting: Lighting matters in selfies, too. If you’re outside, take that extra step to get into the shade with your kids. Or, face the source of light so it doesn’t end up behind you. Spend just an extra 5-seconds thinking about the light source each time you take the photo.
- Be Aware of Your Background: Some of the best photos in the world can end up ruined by individuals in the background. Be sure to double check that everything about the background of the selfie is appropriate so you can share it with your children (look for swear words in graffiti, etc.). Once you’re aware of your surroundings, have fun with it!
You don’t always need a tripod and a studio to get the perfect family photo. The selfie can go a long way, which is why we want you to try out our tips today and let us know how it goes.